He is a post graduate in computer applications (M.C.A.) and graduate in environmental sciences. He did his Masters internship at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun where he computerized the Forest Pathology Museum of the Institute by developing a software application to digitize and manage their manual records in the computer in an easy and accessible manner with all the details including images of the pathogens.
Professionally, he started his career in year 2002 as Computer Instructor in a public school. He worked as Technical Head in a computer firm for one year during 2003 – 2004 and was involved in software development, data digitization, graphics etc.
Prior to joining Central Arid Zone Research Institute (CAZRI) at Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pali in 2008, he worked as Project Assistant in Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun for the period 2004 to 2008 where he was assigned to design, develop and manage the website of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Cell. He was also involved in the documentation and report preparation for the different field studies on wildlife and environmental issues, preparing various presentations and posters for the trainings and workshops conducted at the local, national and international levels.
He joined ICAR-CAZRI Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pali-Marwar on November 5, 2008 as Programme Assistant, Computer. Presently, he is posted as Technical Officer, Computer at ICAR-CAZRI Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pali-Marwar in Rajasthan since November 5, 2013 and is involved in official communication, website designing, preparing presentations, designing posters and desktop support for computer hardware and software.
He is familiar with different operating system environments, office application software, graphics applications, website design and development and also software development.
|Publications & other details
Awards and Recognition
- Recognised as Master Trainer on vKVK and KVK Net organised by IIT, Kanpur and ICAR at MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 2013.
- Best Worker Award in Lab Technical category by CAZRI, Jodhpur, 2017.
- Recognized as Master Trainers on TCS-ICAR-KVK-Sandesh programme by ATARI, Jodhpur, 2018.
- R.K. Meena, M.L. Meena and P.K. Tomar (2010). Impact assessment of farmers training on knowledge of sheep husbandry: A logistic regression analysis, National Seminar on Stress management in small ruminant production and product processing, January 29-31, 2010, organized by Indian Society for Sheep and Goat Production and Utilization; CSWRI, Avikanagar; CIRG, Makhdum.
- P.K. Tomar and M.L. Meena (2011). Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Effective Extension Services in Rural Areas. International conference on Innovative Approaches for Agricultural Knowledge Management: Global Extension Experiences at IARI, New Delhi during November 9-12, 2011.
- P.K. Tomar, M.L. Meena, Dheeraj Singh and M.K. Choudhary (2011). Participation of Farm Women in Seed Spices Production Technology. 6th National Extension Education Congress-2011, organized by Society of Extension Education, Agra held at the ICAR Research Complex for Goa, Goa, during December 17-19, 2011.
- V.P.S. Tomar, H.P.S. Tomar, D.S. Panwar and P.K. Tomar (2002). Effect of Bauhinia purprea and aspect on yield of fodder oat at different distances from tree. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 30(1): 53-59.
- Praveen Kumar Tomar and Ajay Maru (2010). Krishi men suchana prodyogiki ki bhumika. Kheti Ganga, May 2010, Sriganganagar, Rajasthan, 2(11): 27-28. (Hindi)
Designed various posters on different topics for display boards at office gallery and for various competitions at national and international level.
Designed various booklets, folders and books for literature and training purpose.
Krishi men computer ki upyogita (Hindi), recorded on 8.8.2011, transmitted on 19.8.2011 at 2.00pm, Akashwani, Jodhpur.
- For previous office (EIA Cell, Wildlife Institute of India, http://oldwww.wii.gov.in/eianew/eia/index.htm).
- For current office (KVK, CAZRI, Pali, http://www.cazrikvkpali.org.in).
- Designed and developed software for Forest Pathology Museum at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun during my post graduation internship.
- Designed and developed electricity bill processing software for my previous office at Adroit Software, Dehradun.
Created, composed and edited video for my present office Krishi Vigyan Kendra, CAZRI, Pali on its activities. Exported to VCD/DVD for distribution and to play in training programmes.
- Workshop on Application of PRA tools in agriculture organised by CAZRI with EEI, Anand at CAZRI, Jodhpur during 19-21 January, 2011.
- Workshop on Computer applications in agriculture organised by EEI, Anand at EEI, Anand, Gujarat during 21-26 February, 2011.
- International conference on Innovative Approaches for Agricultural Knowledge Management: Global Extension Experiences at IARI, New Delhi during 9-12 November, 2011.
- 6th National Extension Education Congress-2011 on Emerging models of technology application for agri-rural development organized by Society of Extension Education, Agra at ICAR Research Complex for Goa, Goa during 17-19 December, 2011.
- Training programme on “Writing Skills for Print & Electronic Media” organized by EEI, Anand, Gujarat during 11-15 July, 2016.
- Training Programme on ICAR-ERP for ICAR Technical Personnel organized by IASRI, New Delhi during 17–22 July, 2017.
- Training of Master Trainers on TCS-ICAR-KVK-Sandesh programme organized by TCS-ICAR at ATARI, Jodhpur during 17 July, 2018.
Delivered lectures in various training programmes for farmers organized at KVK, Pali by State Ag. Deptt., NHM and ATMA.